Friday 5 October 2012

Songs of Freedom


My last few posts have been song recordings and lyrics (at least for laptop and desktop users – not working yet on Ipads and mobiles – will try to remedy soon!).  After starting off with quotes and then intermingling images that encapsulated what seemed important to me, I realised of course that music is the ultimate form of communication, with its power to move the listener. Anyway then of course a whole stream of songs have come to mind, so far protest songs but I have more I want to put on here that are not so overtly political.
Not sure how long I will continue in this vein for but for now it feels right, so more to follow.
Huge thanks to podcasters and posters and other audio-savvy people who have put these songs online – I’ve used mp3.rapidlibrary.com for all the songs so far, a brilliant free resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment